Birgitte is highly devoted soloist and chamber musician and has regularly performed in trio, quartet, sextet, and octet. Her newly formed piano-trio recently performed in Purcell Room, Victoria Hall, London, Salle Cortot, Paris and in various festivals. Her concerts and CD’s have been reviewed in The Strad, Musical Opinion and The Gramophone as well as major Norwegian newspapers. She has regularly been soloist with orchestra in Norway as well as in Europe and Brazil.
- 30th of May in Drammens Teater at 19:00
Opening concert Halvorsen Music Festival
Johan Halvorsen: Passacaglia, Beethoven: String-trio in c-minor, Brahms: Piano-Quartet in C-minor
Thormod Rønning Kvam, piano, Birgitte Stærnes, violin, Catherine Bullock, viola, Audun Sandvik, cello
, viola and Audun Sandvik, cello.
- 6th of June in Bragernes Kirke at 19:00
Double-concerto by Mendelssohn with TrondheimSolistene. Birgitte Stærnes, violin, Sveinung Bjelland, piano10th of June Rådhusteateret, Ski at 19:00
Clarinet-quintets by Brahms, Mozart and Vigulf
Roger Arve Vigulf, clarinet, Birgitte Stærnes and Riccardo Odriozola, violin, Helle Andersen, viola, Maria Serafin, cello19th of June in Slemmestad at 13:00
Works by Gade, Kreisler, Sinding...
Birgitte Stærnes, violin, Jorunn Marie Bratlie, piano
Gade, Masse21th of June at Union Scene, Drammen. Opening of "Kulturytring" Performing my own composition "Faketime"
- Ramme, Hvitsten: Sunday 12th of July: Piano trio by Grieg, String trio by Beethoven and Piano quartet by Brahms. Thormod Rønning Kvam, piano, Birgitte Stærnes, violin, Catherine Bullock, Audun Sandvik, celloMonday 12th of July 19:30 : Festival Grieg in Bergen
Piano trio by Grieg, String trio by Beethoven and Piano quartet by Brahms. Thormod Rønning Kvam, piano, Birgitte Stærnes, violin, Catherine Bullock, Audun Sandvik, cello
Gr T Th
- 4th of September at 15 in Moss Krematorium: E. Ysaÿe: Sonata nr.4, J.S.Bach: Solo-Sonata nr.3 in C-Major11th and 12th of September: Vertavofestivalen
26th of September at Holmsbu Billedgalleri
Tone Braaten (sopran), Birgitte Stærnes (fiolin), Lotte Hellstrøm Hestad (fiolin), Arvid Resare (Bratsj), Sophia Hugo Cabo (cello). Produsent: Sverker Rundqvist.
- 1st of October: Oslo Organ Festival: Violinconcerto by Mendelssohn, Trio Safino3th of October: Duo-concert violin/viola in Catania, Birgitte Stærnes, violin, Catherine Bullock-Bukkøy, viola
Works by Halvorsen, Mozart, Brustad and Sibelius.30th of October in Varallo. Works by Mozart, Brahms and Respighi. Massimo G. Bianchi, piano, Birgitte Stærnes, violin
31th of October in Teatro Bibiena, Mantova. Works by Mozart, Brahms and Respighi
Massimo G. Bianchi, piano, Birgitte Stærnes, violin
- 10th of November in Frogner Church: Tsjaikovskij: Piano-trio. Jan Gunnar Sørbø, piano, Birgitte Stærnes, violin and Nina Dolgintseva, cello
17th of November in Børsen, Drammen. Works by Mozart, Brahms and Respighi. Birgitte Stærnes, violin and Massimo G. Bianchi, piano
23th of November in Børsen Drammen. Works by Halvorsen, Mozart, Brustad. Birgitte Stærnes, violin and Catherine Bulluck-Bukkøy, viola.
30th of November in Oslo: Violin-concerto by Bolstad Skjelbred, Soloist with Telemark Chamber Orchestra
- 16th of February at 19:00 in Frogner Church: L. van Beethoven: Spring Sonata
Birgitte Stærnes, violin/ Jan Gunnar Sørbø, piano. Les mer
26th of February at 15:00 in Majorstua Church: Soloist and Leader of Oslo Chamber-orchestra. Elgar, Fauré, Bach, Barber and Bartok.
- 1st of March: Private event
15th of March at 19:00: Piano-trios by Bolstad(premiere) and Rachmaninov, Passacaglia by Halvorsen. Kristian Ofstad Lindberg, klaver, Birgitte Stærnes, fiolin and Jan Clemens Carlsen, cello.
13th of March-20th of March: Halvorsen Music Festival. Read more
- 26th-28th of April: Masterclass and concert at the Conservatory of Perugia
- 15th of May : Piano-trio with Massimo Bianchi, piano and Christophe Pantillon, cello. Trios by Brahms and Mendelssohn
Chambermusic has been essential all her musical life, duo, trio, quartet, quintet, sextet, octet...
Since 2017 Birgitte is playing regularly in a piano trio based in Paris, with Hélène Dautry, cello, Sandra Chamoux and Elena Rozonova, piano, performing some of the most beautiful chamber repertoire..
Tschaikovksij, Grieg, Mendelssohn, Rachmaninov, Chausson, Schumann..